CDSC provides mediation services that help families make decisions about how to manage the changing needs of older adults. CDSC mediators can facilitate dialogue about issues that are sometimes hard to talk about, especially when family tensions are high. They are trained to help families explore options and create solutions that respect the dignity of elderly family members and work for everyone.
What Kinds of Issues Can Be Mediated?
- Health/medical care decisions
- Living arrangements/home-based support services
- Financial decisions
- Family relationship and communication issues
- Alternatives to guardianship
- Respite care and support for caregivers
- Needs of other family members
- Discharge or transitional plans from hospitals or nursing homes
- Other issues impacting the lives of older adults and their families